Islam today is the most talked about religion in the world.In spite of the negative press and propaganda, it remains one of the world’s fastest growing religions. Muslims account for approximately 23% of the global population, and are found in all the continents.Like everyone else, Muslims love to travel and explore the world. Below are some of the most Muslim-friendly countries in the world.
1. UAE, in full United Arab Emirates, is a federation of seven emirates:Abu dhabi(capital),Ajman,Dubai,Fujairah,Ras al-Khaimah,Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain. The official religion of the UAE is Islam,and the system of governance of absolute monarchy.The system of justice is Shariah (Islamic Laws).In addition, there are countless Islamic sites to visit, and an example is the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi
2. Turkey: According to estimates, 99% of the Turkish population are Muslims, with Sunnis being the dominant. It also has links with various ancient empires such as Greek,Persian,Roman,Byzantine and Ottoman empires. Turkey is also a member of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), while it also houses many islamic organisation headquarters.
3. Malaysia: According to 2013 statistics, about 61% of the Malaysian population are Muslims. Islam was spread here through traders from Arabia, China and India.Islam is the official religion, and Muslim holidays such as the birthday of the Prophet of islam (pbuh) are declared national holidays.
4. Singapore: Singapore is a multicultural society, consisting of Chinese,Arab and Eurasian communities. It also consists of diverse religious groups, and about 15% of the population are Muslims. There are about 75 mosques in Singapore and six madrasahs.Also, Singapore is home to the world’s oldest Muslim Women’s organisation in the world called the Young Women Muslim Association of Singapore.
5. Egypt is a Mediterranean country that cuts through the continents of Africa and Asia.It has one of the longest histories, dating back to the tenth millennium BC. It is also considered the first nation to be civilised.Islam is the major religion.
6. Morocco is located in North Africa, and the system of governance is constitutional monarchy.The major religion is Islam, which was introduced to the kingdom in the middle of the 7th century.
7. Bosnia & Herzegovina is located in Southeastern Europe, and has a rich history dating back to when it was first occupied by Slavic people up to the Ottoman invasion. Islam was spread through the Ottomans, and about 51% of the population are Muslims. Today, Bosnia is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.