Red Velvet Melting Moments
1. 250 g butter
2. 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
3. 1⁄2 cup maiezena
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla
5. 1 tablespoon red food col
6. 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
7. 1 1⁄2 cup flour
• Cream butter and sugar well
• Add col and vanilla and mix
• Add maizena (corn flour) and salt and mix
• Add flour to make soft dough
• Cut shapes or nozzle
• Bake on 160 degree for 15 minutes
Cream cheese icing
• 113 g cream cheese
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1cup icing sugar
• Beat cream cheese and butter well
• Add sifted icing sugar and beat
• Sandwich biscuit wen cold
Chocolate & Banana Smoothie
1. 1 bar Godiva dark chocolate almond bar, 72% cacao (4.4 ounces/125 grams)
2. 1 banana
3. 15 ounces Organic Valley whole milk (almost 2 cups)
• Place chocolate bar and banana in a blender then add the milk.
• Cover and blend for up to two minutes, or until the chocolate and banana are completely blended together and the texture of the drink is smooth.
• Pour and serve or chill until ready to serve.
Italian MeatballsSnack, Dinner,
Want tasty meatballs for pasta or even on their own, without the fuss of having fresh herbs on hand? Here it is. These meatballs can be frozen (uncooked) and thawed for future meals too In Sha Allah.
1. 1 kg beef mince
2. 1 cup bread crumbs (I made my own using French loaf stick bread)
3. 1/3 cup buttermilk (You can use full cream milk and add about 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, to create buttermilk)
4. 1 egg
5. 1 medium onion, finely chopped
6. 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
7. 3 cloves garlic, minced
8. 1/4 cup dried parsley
9. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
10. 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
11. 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
12. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
13. 1/2 teaspoon salt
14. 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
• In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and buttermilk.
• Stir until well combined. Set aside.
• Add all other ingredients including the egg into a large bowl.
• Once all other ingredients are in the large bowl, and the breadcrumbs have had a moment to absorb the buttermilk, add the breadcrumb mixture to the meat mixture.
• Mix and knead the mixture with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
• Scoop meat mixture by half tablespoon measures and form into balls. (Or however big or small you like).
• Place balls on a tray under baking paper or glass baking dish fitted with foil for easy clean-up.
• Bake at for 10 minutes.
• Turn balls and cook for 10 – 15 minutes more, or until cooked through.
Red velvet cupcakes
1. 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
2. 2 tablespoon cocoa
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
5. 1 1⁄2 cups oil
6. 2 large eggs
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
8. 1 cup buttermilk
9. 2 teaspoon baking soda
10. 2 teaspoon vinegar
12. 1lb butter
13. 1 tub cream cheese
14. Icing sugar as needed
15. 15 marshmallows –
• Sift cake flour, cocoa and salt and set aside.
• With an electric mixer whisk sugar and oil till combined.
• Add eggs one at a time beating till well mixed, Mix in colouring and vanilla.
• Add in flour mixture alternating with buttermilk. Mix well.
• In a bowl mix baking soda and vinegar, Add mixture to batter and mix well.
• Bake at 180° for 20min. –
1⁄4 lb butter beat till white then add 1 tub of cream cheese, melt marshmallows in a pot and quickly mix into cream cheese icing,
and icing sugar as needed.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serves: 5-6 Appetizer, Lunch, Kid Friendly, Quick & Easy, Soup
1. 1-2 head of broccoli
2. 2-3 potatoes
3. 1 chicken maggi cube dissolved in 1 cup of water
4. 2 cups of milk
5. 2 tablespoons of flour (sifted)
6. 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
• Heat 1 cup of water in a pot. Peel the potatoes into small cubes and place in the pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes.
• Wash and cut the broccoli (include the stalk for extra flavor) and add to the pot along with the chicken maggi cube that’s dissolved in a cup of water. Choose the chicken maggi cube that does not contain monosodium glutamate (MSG). Cook for another 10 minutes.
• While the broccoli is being cooked, in a blender, blend 2 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste. If you don’t have a blender, sift the flour over the milk and whisk at high speed.
• Pour the milk mixture in the pot and stir for 10 min at high heat. The soup will be ready once you get a thick creamy mixture. If it’s still watery, you need to cook for longer.
Quick and Easy Chicken Wings
1. One package of chicken wings (about 1 and 3/4 pounds)
2. 1 package Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
3. 1 tablespoons dark vinegar such as date vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
4. 1 teaspoon sea salt
5. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• In a small bowl or bag, combine the Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly so that it covers each piece of chicken generously. It’s optional to marinate at this point, for 30 minutes to overnight, but not necessary.
• Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread out so that the wings cook evenly.
• Cook the wings in the oven for 20 minutes, then increase the heat to 425° F. Flip over, one by one and cook for 15 minutes. Flip again and cook for another 15 minutes. If you want a charred appearance on the wings, use the last 5 minutes to use the broil on high setting of your oven and broil for about 2-3 minutes per side.
• Remove from heat and serve immediately with a creamy sauce or break apart and enjoy with tortillas as a taco.