It had been announced that on Sunday, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai inspected the Downtown Command Center. During the visit he met with the task force teams of the Event’s Security
On tweeter, Shaikh Mohammad said in his twitter account, ”Today, I met the Event Security Committee’s task force teams to thank them for the great job they have done in securing the New Year celebrations in Dubai.”
“One team of Dubai’s departments has proved successful in highlighting the UAE and Dubai as a secure, safe and stable global destination, especially when it comes to securing global events”.
Shaikh Mohammad was accompanied by Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and more than 4,000 personnel (which was assigned by Dubai’s Security Committee). These 4,000 personnel worked hard to safeguard millions of partygoers had an easy access to several areas and enjoyed the firework displays.
The personnel’s included; RTA employees, volunteers, Civil Defence officers, ambulance services and the Police. After the New Year’s Eve events, the Dubai Traffic police said road closures and traffic diversions that took place during December 31 were completed successfully.
Brigadier Saif Muhair Al Mazroui (director of Dubai Traffic Police) said “Dubai Police had implemented a comprehensive traffic plan that ensured convenience for people who had flocked to different celebration sites in Dubai. Traffic officers worked to make it a smooth experience for everyone by closing some of the roads and diverting traffic as they began to get jammed”.