The 5 Women Who Made It

Inspiration comes from every corner. It might be looking at a certain object, people or reads.

Success is key; everyone wants to be successful and worth billions.

Below is a list of women who worked hard to build what they’re worth now.

#1.Folorunsho Alakija

Alakija

Folorunsho’s career transgressed from a secretary to a banker and now a businesswoman. She is the founder of the fashion label ‘Supreme Stitches’. A year after establishment, her business grew, leaving trademarks of the Nigerian culture through fashion and art. Her business lead her to mingle with the most powerful women in Nigeria.

Folorunsho then later made a move from fashion to oil. She applied for oil prospecting license and it was granted. She operates with the company name ‘Famfa Limited’. Folorunsho had no experience to run an oil field but she was ready to partner to get all the requirements to make her business successful. She ended up selling about 40% of her full stakes to ‘Star Deep Water Petroleum’ and kept the remaining 60%.

Net worth: $2.1 Billion

Tips

Network

Don’t reject a possible career

#2. Denise Coates

Denise Coates

The only British self-made woman on the billionaires list. She grew up in Stoke where she worked at her father’s betting shops. After finishing up with her degree as a trained accountant, she returned back and sold her father’s betting shops, then used the proceed to set up an online gambling site (Bet360). The website was shunned by traditional venture capitalist but with financial help from her family and the bank, the website was launched.

Her business grew over the years

Net worth: $3.6 billion

Tips

Never give up

Get the training you need

#3. Sheryl Sandberg

Sheryl Sandberg

Sheryl grew up in Miami. She attended business school which led to her employment at US Treasury. Sheryl then later made her tribute to technology by joining Google (by then Google was a relatively small company). She then moved to Facebook and helped to increase Facebook’s revenue through which she gained 12 million shares, which lead to more than 130% increase in share price.

Net Worth: #1.17 billion

Tips

Lean In

Negotiate for the best deal

#4. Wang Laichun

Wang Laichun

Wang used to work for Taiwan billionaire Terry Gous Hon Hai Precision Industry and now she is the chairman of electronic manufacturer Luxshare Precision Industry (working alongside her brother). She now owns a third of Luxshare and business seems to be growing.

Net worth: $2.1 billion

Tips

If you get a chance to work for a billionaire, take it!

Brother-Sister working relationships can always work

#5. Liu Xiaomeng

She is one of the top low profile wealthy women out there. Hardly anything is known about her wealth and how she made her fortune.

All that is known is that she worked as an electrical appliance retailer at Suning Commerce. She helped start up the company and the company is known to be China’s largest appliance retailers.

Net worth $2.1 billion

Conclusion

Not everything in life comes on a platter of gold. We should always try and aim for more to get there.

I hope the next article written about riches will be you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *