Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber is an Arab born businessman, a philanthropist, and Chairman of MBI International & Partners, and is also a shareholder of Group for Food Industries, an agricultural and food processing company. He’s popular for hotel and resort investments via the MBI Group.
Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber is a Chairman, Founder, and CEO of MBI International & Partners.
“Our Vision… to be an influential business and community leader in Europe and the Middle East with a portfolio of successful business interests in a wide range of industries.”
The activities of the foundation include various entities such as the following companies:
- JJW Hotels & Resorts, including some pof the best luxury hotels in Austria, Portugal, France and the U.K, Amarante4-star hotels in France, Portugal and Egypt as well as Median 3-star hotels Stars budget hotels in France
- Jadawel International, a company developing residential compounds for expatriates in Saudi Arabia
- Continentoil, and oil field services and petroleum company
- Al Jaber is also a shareholder of AJWA Group for Food Industries, an agricultural and food processing company
In April 2011, Mr. Jaber announced that he owned 80 percent of the Group and also informed the general public about a 300 million euro profit for the year 2010.
Personal life and philanthropy
Al Jaber is married and a father of three. One of his children is a co-investor with his father and holds executive responsibilities within MBI companies. He obtained Austrian nationality in 2007.
Mr. Jaber is the Chairman, sole patron, and Founder of the MBI Al Jaber Foundation, which was founded in 2002, and has its headquarters in London, U.K. It’s also a registered charity governed by a Board of Trustees chosen for their hard work and experience in the Middle East, including Sir Tim Lankester, Professor Peter Jones and Lord Young of Graffham,
The MBI Al Jaber Foundation strongly believes that education is the key to a better future.
“Since the 1990s, we have given hundreds of promising students from the Middle East and North Africa the chance to continue their education in some of the best universities around the globe.”
The MBI Al Jaber Foundation also helps assist the youths, especially those from the Arab world and ensure that they gain the freedom and opportunity to shape their future and that of their community, country and region.
Al Jaber holds the following honorary degrees and awards:
- an Honorary Senatorship from theMODUL University Vienna (2013)
- an Honorary Fellowship from UCL, London (2012)[
- an Honorary Fellowship from Corpus Christi College, Oxford (2009)
- UN Spokesperson for Global Forums on Reinventing Government (2007)
- an Honorary Doctor of Science degree fromCity University, London (2004)
- an Honorary Doctor of Letters degree from theUniversity of Westminster (2004)
- an Honorary Fellowship of London University at the School of Oriental and African Studies (2002)
- UNESCO Special Envoy for Tolerance, Education, and Cultures to build peace and democracy (2004)
- theALECSO Gold Medal, for his support and immense contributions towards UNESCO projects aimed at promoting education, culture, and scientific activities in the Arab World
- a Gold Medal of honour for special achievements in the economic and cross-cultural educational sectors ofVienna, presented by the Mayor of Vienna
- the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) Gold Medal, in recognition of his efforts to promote coexistence and foster a culture of tolerance and dialogue in a bid to enhance international cooperation.