A balanced and holistic education is paramount to ensuring that our kids grow up graciously as strong believers of Allah SwT who love learning about Allah and the teachings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
Parents should strive to achieve this ideal education and make Islam a way of life for their children and raise the little Muslims upon Ihsan (excellence).
Below are some tips for a productive education that instils the consciousness of Allah SwT in our children:
- We should correct our intention and educate our kids with the intention of pleasing Allah SwT.
Allah SwT says: “And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me.”
The Qur’an and hadith have emphasized reading, learning, and contemplating about the signs of Allah SwT.
We should intend to teach our children so they can grow up and become good and practicing Muslims who are true slaves of Allah and use their education to spread good. Whenever our intentions are true and genuine, our work will be blessed In Shaa Allah.
- We should also seek knowledge about our creator and be learners, we cannot teach our children something we don’t have enough knowledge of. As parents, we should read the noble Qur’an regularly. This could be a great motivation for our kids as they imitate the doing of their parents.
- Everything you teach your children, make it Allah-centered. Try to make references to verses from the noble Qur’an that relate to a particular learning objective and make sure to make the Qur’an relevant in their lives.
- Emphasize on interactive learning and get your children engaged in activities that will stimulate their senses and help them understand and retain that information. Children mostly learn through play and observation.
- Teach your kids to contemplate. Allah SwT commands us to contemplate and reflect upon the noble Qur’an.
- It is also very crucial for us to instill the love for our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) in our kids. Teach your kids the practices and teachings of the Prophet in various aspects of their daily life. Explore the life of the Prophet as you learn about different concepts like how to interact and use the best speech with elders and others, the best health practices for body and mind, how to manage your money and time, etc. Teach them about the manners of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and inculcate the lessons from the hadith in their lives.
May Allah SwT guide and protect our children and lead them to right path.